HR Trends, HR Transformation, and Change Management
Thank you to the members from Arla Foods, Chevron, Dow Inc., Ingredion, Mars, MetLife, Prudential Financial, and Wolters Kluwer who participated in the first 2021 Global HR Leader Network Quarterly Meeting on HR Trends, HR Transformation, and Change Management.
2021 HR Trends and Priorities
To begin the session, members discussed their top priorities for 2021.
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- New ways of working and the future of the workplace
- Wellbeing and resilience
- Re-imagining Total Rewards
- Transforming corporate learning
- Skills mapping and the internal marketplace
HR Transformation and Change Management
Members also discussed HR Transformation and Change Management. Here are some of the key takeaways:
- Delivering complex solutions: Many of the systems and protocols put in place due to the pandemic were designed for the immediate present. HR leaders must now have to re-imagine for the future
- Learning transformation: The need for continuous learning is imperative to the future of work and roles. Some member companies are adopting AI based learning to ensure that their workforce possesses the skills which are necessary to success in the future
- Balance: HR leaders are solving the challenges of balancing efficiency with cost control and capability shifts. HR will be the intersection of business and people transformation in 2021, and guide organizations to pivot when necessary
- Multirange approaches: As we look to the future, it is essential that not only managers are heard, but their employees as well. One member stressed the importance of enabling giving a voice to employees to create a balanced outcome and positive experience for all
- Focusing on skills: It is becoming more evident that future success will be dependent on developing and retaining skill within the company. Many organizations are implementing tools which allow them to better recognize what skills their workforce currently have and which skills they lack.
Thank you to all who participated for your energy and enthusiasm! We look forward to continuing the conversation!
If your team is dealing with similar issues or have questions you’d like answered please fill out the form below!