Last Updated: 6/17/2021
Collection Of Information
Information You Provide to Us
When you open an account with ENI, we ask you to provide certain information such as your first name, last name, email address, and ask you to create a password. We also collect information when you participate in any interactive features of the Services, fill out a form, participate in a contest or promotion, make a purchase, apply for a job, communicate with us via third party social media sites, upload a profile picture, sign up for our information list and newsletter, request customer support or otherwise communicate with us, or any other information you choose to provide to us.
Information About Your Use of the Services
Automatically Collected Information
When you access or use our Services, we automatically collect information about you, including:
- Log Information: We collect log information about your use of the Services, including the type of browser you use, app version, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the page you visited before navigating to our Services.
Information We Collect from Other Sources
We may obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our Services. For example, we may collect information about you from third parties, including but not limited to when our users submit your information (email address or phone number) to us to connect with you as a subject matter expert, with mailing list providers, as well as from publicly available sources. Additionally, if you create or log into your account through a social media site, we will have access to certain information from that site, such as your name, account information and friends lists, in accordance with the authorization procedures determined by such social media site.
Use Of Information
We may use the information we collect to provide, maintain, and improve our services, to customize your experience, help you connect with subject matter experts and other members, provide you with reminders and encouragements, and to administer your account. We may also use the information we collect to:
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages, as well as to respond to your comments, questions and customer service requests;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, learning opportunities, and events offered by ENI and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Services;
- Detect, investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities and protect the rights and property of ENI and others;
- Personalize and improve the Services and provide advertisements, content or features that match user profiles or interests;
- Facilitate contests, sweepstakes and promotions and process and deliver entries and rewards; and
- Carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected.
Sharing Of Information
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law or legal process, including lawful requests by public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of ENI or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company;
- Between and among ENI and our current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries and other companies under common control and ownership; and
- With your consent or at your direction.
We may also share aggregated or anonymized information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you but could potentially be used to identify your device. For example, we may share aggregated data about how people use our Services.
Social Sharing Features
The Services may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools (such as the Facebook “Like” button), which let you share actions you take on our Services with other media, and vice versa. Your use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the entity that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features.
Analytics Services Provided by Others
We store the information we collect about you for as long as is necessary for the purpose(s) for which we originally collected it. We may retain certain information for legitimate business purposes or as required by law.
Transfer of Information to the U.S. and Other Countries
ENI is based in the United States and we process and store information in the U.S. As such, we and our service providers may transfer your information to, or store or access it in, jurisdictions that may not provide equivalent levels of data protection as your home jurisdiction. We will take steps to ensure that your personal data receives an adequate level of protection in the jurisdictions in which we process and store it.
You may update, correct or delete information about you at any time by emailing us at email@example.com. If you wish to delete or deactivate your account, you can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, but note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Services.
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from ENI by following the instructions in those emails or by emailing us at email@example.com. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
Mobile Push Notifications/Alerts
With your consent, we may send non-promotional push notifications or alerts to your mobile device. You can deactivate these messages at any time by changing the notification settings on your mobile device.
Device Content on the Mobile Application
With your consent, we may access information on your mobile device such as your contacts list or your calendar. You can always withdraw such access by going into your device settings and removing the application’s access to that information. Please note that if you enable access and then remove that access, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Services and of certain features of the mobile application.
European Economic Area
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (“EEA”), you have certain rights and protections under the law regarding the processing of your personal data.
Legal Basis for Processing
If you are a resident of the EEA, when we process your personal data we will only do so in the following situations:
- We need to use information about you to perform our responsibilities under our contract with you such as to process payments for and provide the Services you have requested;
- We have a legitimate interest in processing information about you. For example, we may process information about you to send you marketing communications, to communicate with you about changes to our Services, and to provide, secure, and improve our Sites and Services;
- We need to process information about you to comply with our legal obligations;
- We may process information about you with your consent, which you may revoke at any time (see the “Your Choices” section above)
Data Subject Requests
If you are in the EEA, you have the right to access and obtain a copy of personal data we hold about you and to ask that your personal data be corrected, erased, or transferred. You may also have the right to object to, or request that we restrict, certain processing. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, you may contact us as indicated below.
Questions or Complaints
If you are a resident of the EEA and have a concern about our processing of personal data that we are not able to resolve, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the data privacy authority where you reside. For contact details of your local Data Protection Authority, please see: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/article-29/structure/data-protection-authorities/index_en.htm
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits users who are California residents to request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, a list of the third parties to whom we disclosed personal information (if any) for direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year. If applicable, this information would include the categories of personal information shared with those third parties. If you are a California resident and wish to make such a request, you may contact us by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or writing to us at Executive Networks, Inc., 588 Sutter Street, Suite 440, San Francisco, CA 94102, Attn: Privacy.
Residents of U.S. states other than California and non-European Union Residents.
Users in U.S. states other than California and individuals who are not residents of the EU may also request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, a list of the third parties to whom we disclosed personal information (if any) for direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year. If applicable, this information would include the categories of personal information shared with those third parties. If you wish to make such a request, you may contact us by sending us an email at email@example.com or writing to us at Executive Networks, Inc., 588 Sutter Street, Suite 440, San Francisco, CA 94102, Attn: Privacy.